Monday, July 20, 2009

Untitled

Turn memory off
We plant radishes and love
We burn, more so
 
Slowly sleeping
Revolve around me, your pivot point
Here meaning comes after
 
If we turn meaning on
Green fingers in the earth turn blue
It's what you need, it's you
 
Here is the further
It's you, it's you
Nothing between us but leaves
 
Yes, we make good, we run
I take days to arrive
Only we could leave Saturn behind
 
I replace you with all metal
Emptying on the grass
Explain me once again, it's you
 
Here now comes after
Some caught our sorrow
It's eternal, it's you
 
Empty you keep me
Brought me here after
Here in your furor
 
All life will come after
Ashamed by my own desire
Here it will come to be
 
Now all your guns are taken away
Ah, take them, leave them
Martyr your hate, given anew
 
It's what you need, it's you



I wrote this one night while listening to Sigur Ros. I tried to turn the lyrics (which I couldn't understand) into intelligible lines, not really caring about meaning or coherence. Imagine my surprise when the lines turned out to be, in my opinion, highly cohesive. Anyway, it's hard for me to tell, but I think this poem is about the organic nature of love, how emotions and love can be cultivated like plants, and how you might sacrifice that organic, earthy feeling for the metal and plastic of animosity or nationalism or some such.

No comments:

Post a Comment