Friday, September 3, 2010

It's Weird

What the hell is it about movies where Nicolas Cage plays addicted wrecks of men having some of the most erotic scenes of all cinema? I'm thinking specifically of the pool-side scene in Leaving Las Vegas where Elizabeth Shue pours liquor all over herself, and lately Port of Call: New Orleans where Fairuza Balk (of all people) appears wearing these... these boots. (She seems determined to activate all major segments of my brain, incidentally-- Return to Oz scared the piss out of me as a kid. Between fear and eros I don't know that there's much left).

Oh well. Anyway, Bad Lieutenant/Port of Call: New Orleans (or however the hell you're supposed to format that title) was, in my opinion, a really great movie and you should watch it if you ever feel like you have glands or scales or claws and you want to see that feeling translated into film.

No comments:

Post a Comment