Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's All Happening Now

What a strange day. I woke up with one of those strange hangovers, the ones that make me feel happy and calm and clear and loving. I felt harmless and helpful.

I should have known, though, that when I feel unprecedentedly strong, that's the universe's cue to present me with a new challenge. In this case, the suddenly-unavoidable need to find a new place to live.

I had been, I think, quietly asking the universe to make this necessary for me for some time now anyway. "Well, it's not so bad," I would say, and it wasn't. But it also wasn't ideal. It was toxic and depressing in a lot of ways. I wasn't doing my best, afraid to be complete. I was falling into a vaguely miserable, but comfortable rut. So my conscious was saying, "It'll do," while my subconscious was saying, "Make it impossible for me to remain as I am, please." And now my wish has been granted.

Which means that it is time to rock and roll on all levels, as I did when I first moved to this city June 1st, and again at the end of that summer.

The first step, I think, is to get rid of all superfluous physical items. Goodwill is about to get some stuff. Oh man, this feels scary and refreshing at the same time.

Open heart, open hands, open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment