Friday, February 12, 2010

In Which I Overly Simplify Things, Like a Lot

Having tuned in on the last quarter-and-a-half or so of the Super Bowl this year, I realized that the ads were on the whole pretty impressively strident, lavish, devoid of good humor, and effectively brain-dead. Like this one!


So there was a certain part of me that wooted softly but sincerely when I saw the response:


But what I would really like-- and maybe this is too gigantically starry-eyed to even consider seriously-- is for this not to have even been culturally necessary in the first place. They call it the "Battle of the Sexes", but what I'm wondering is: what fucking idiot fired the first shot? Don't we have enough to contend with, striding out into a blandly apathetic or hostile world, without taking up arms against the people we could be loving instead? If you have to keep someone down to stay in a position of power, you're not in a position of power. (...I think I'm being too idealistic).

TL;DR I laughed at a parody video, but felt bad that it had to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment